NRF Student Ambassador
NRF Student Ambassadors should be ambitious, resourceful, and highly-motivated students capable of leading the NRF Student Association on campus. NRF Student Ambassadors will serve as the liaison between NRF and their school. This is an enormous opportunity to make a large impact, have fun, and help grow the NRF community on your campus.
The position as NRF Student Ambassador is a year-long commitment (2017-18 academic year). The selected student is expected to register as an Ambassador on https://nrf.com/nrf-student-ambassador by Sept. 29, 2017. The selected student is expected to fulfill the responsibilities listed below each semester.
- Build the presence of and the participation in the NRF Student Association on campus
- Connect NRF and its retail partners with top talent for the retail industry
The Ideal NRF Student Ambassador:
- A sophomore, junior, or senior pursing a major relevant to retail such as digital retailing, visual merchandising, marketing, business, engineering, communications, information technology, etc.
- Has a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
FALL semester responsibilities:
- Grow the NRFSA Chapter by at least 25 new members each semester by facilitating meetings, events, and fundraisers on campus to connect students with learning and employment opportunities within the retail industry.
- Promote NRF Foundation scholarships and events on your campus AND post on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat) at least 5 times using the #retailsfuture hashtag. Scholarship participation exposes NRFSA members to retail recruiters and executives. Make sure your school/university is represented in the applicant pool. Expected scholarships to promote include:
SPRING semester responsibilities:
- Participate in (or host) two community service projects/events by April 16, 2018.
Retail is opportunity. Retail is innovation. But most importantly, retail is community! No matter what products they sell, a core principle of any great retailer is to give back to the community. That’s what we’d like you to do. Service project requirements:
- At least 10 members must participate in a service project or event that is food and/or retail related. For example,
- Partner with or volunteer at a local retailer or restaurant
- School hosted service days (register as a NRFSA group): MLK Day, Earth Day, Ghandi Day, World Serve Day, Alternative Spring Break, etc.
- Volunteering at a food bank, homeless shelter, Goodwill, etc.
- Hosting a canned-food or clothing drive
- Share your service project on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram under the #retailsfuture hashtag
- Submit details of your experience including photos and a short description of the service project or event on NRF.com.
- Promote the Ray Greenly Scholarship.
Make sure your NRFSA members and the rest of your campus are aware of the Ray Greenly Scholarship by sharing this opportunity with your newly recruited members, and posting on social media at least 5 times using the #retailsfuture hashtag! This scholarship opportunity is for students with an interest in technology, engineering, entrepreneurship, or digital retailing.
Benefits and incentives of being a NRF Student Ambassador:
- Develop leadership skills
- Earn volunteer experience
- Expand professional network
- Stand out to retail recruiters
Meet all your requirements as an NRF Student Ambassador and you will receive a travel stipend up to $1,500 to attend the Student Program at Retail’s Big Show and an NRF Certificate of Completion & Pin.
- To receive a travel stipend to Retail's Big Show, a Student Ambassador must achieve the following requirements by Friday, December 8:
- Register 25 new NRFSA members on NRF.com
- Post about NRF current events and/or available scholarships at least five times using the #retailsfuture hashtag on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- To receive an official Certificate of Completion and NRF pin, which lets recruiters know you’re an “NRF Foundation approved” student, a Student Ambassador must achieve the following requirements by Friday, April 16:
- Complete two service projects.
- Promote the Ray Greenly Scholarship at least five times using the #retailsfuture hashtag on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
**Any student who receives a travel stipend must attend Retail's Big Show, January 12-14, 2018 or the travel stipend will be rescinded. In such case, the University Member school will promptly return the travel stipend within five business days at the end of Retail's Big Show.