State of Retailing Online
Floating Share Widget
Produced annually in partnership between Shop.org and Forrester Research, The State of Retailing Online (SORO) study is highly anticipated research that brings details of all aspects of e-commerce to the digital retail community.
SORO studies are free for members and available for purchase for non-members.
Download the latest studies:
- SORO 2018: Store Investments, Business Objectives and Mobile
- SORO 2017: Key Metrics, Business Objectives and Mobile
- SORO 2016: Marketing and Merchandising
- SORO 2016: Key Metrics, Business Objectives and Mobile
- SORO 2016: Additional Benchmarks for Members Only
- SORO 2015: Marketing and Merchandising
- SORO 2015: Additional Marketing and Merchandising Benchmarks for Members Only
- SORO 2015: Key Metrics, Initiatives and Mobile Benchmarks
- SORO 2015: Additional Benchmarks for Members Only
- SORO 2014: Marketing
- SORO 2014: Marketing Benchmarks
- SORO 2014: Key Metrics and Initiatives
The annual SORO study asks digital retail executives about aspects of their business such as key metrics, top initiatives planned, marketing spending and merchandising investments. The results are summarized in two reports that have become go-to resources for the industry. Register to attend the next webinar on Oct. 19 and view archived resources.
SORO: An eyewitness to the growth of digital retail
For more than a decade, Shop.org has partnered with Forrester Research to produce the State of Retailing Online study. Our annual surveys explore which industry trends are emerging, how key metrics are evolving, where retailers are investing and how new technologies are changing digital retail. SORO has been an eyewitness to our industry's growth, from a time when “pure play” companies dominated e-commerce to a new omnichannel landscape where digital is a staple of modern retailing. SORO continues to help retailers benchmark their own businesses and plan ahead for what’s next in a highly innovative industry.
NRF members come from more than 45 countries and all sectors of retail, from Main Street merchants to online retailers.