Vice President, Member Relations
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Vice President, Member Relations to develop both short-term and long-range tactics and strategies to meet and exceed the needs of a diverse and growing membership through innovative recruitment and retention strategies.
- Partners with SVP, Member Development and Partnerships to develop retention strategies for the ongoing member strategy and conduct sales presentations
- Leverages deep industry and public policy knowledge to identify potential new members, maintain strong relationships with members and maximize achievement of business goals
- Articulates the member value proposition and develops membership materials communicating the value proposition
- Develops annual membership plan including membership recruitment and retention, engagement strategies and member customer service
- Applies market intelligence, best practices, and industry research to develop and implement innovative recruitment and retention strategies to meet budgeted goals
- Institutes and formalizes membership sales process to track sales cycle of member prospects and renewals to accurately forecast membership revenue monthly
- Identifies and implements membership acquisition strategies for non-traditional markets
- Recommends new programs, services, and benefits to meet member needs
- Provides regular status updates on membership statistics, trends, and satisfaction to senior staff
- Supervises staff; actively invest in direct report professional growth and development
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in intangible selling or fundraising, or new business development
- Proficiency in membership databases, specifically CRM databases
- Comprehensive demonstrable analytical, strategic thinking, and problem solving skills, including the proven ability to plan and implement in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively to solve revenue generation challenges
- Must be energetic and creative, and have a strong inclination for individual initiative
- Expertise as a senior-level leader with demonstrated skills in leading, developing and mentoring staff
- Ability to gather, interpret, analyze, and report statistics and other data
- Exceptional oral and written communications abilities, including a facility for translating complex information for a broad range of audiences
- Self-directed, goal-oriented, and the ability to work creatively and productively with colleagues
- Ability to handle pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Experience working with association management/membership database
- Travel required
How to Apply
Send a resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Vice President, Member Relations position in your cover letter. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: VP, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Ave., NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federation offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a focus on work/life satisfaction. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.