Senior Director, Retail Technology
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Senior Director, Retail Technology to keep abreast of emerging technology trends and applications in the retail industry environment, ensuring NRF has the ability to develop strategic programs, relationships and activities that maintain and enhance NRF’s reputation as a leader in the retail technology arena. Leads and manages NRF’s Technology Leadership Communities.
- Develops strategies, programs and activities that position NRF as a technology leader within the retail sector
- Leads and manages committees with membership comprised of the leading industry IT executives and professionals, includes:
- NRF’s CIO Council, a committee of membership of the leading retail company CIOs, seeking to improve the knowledge, standing and influence of the Retail CIOs through collaboration, education and networking
- NRF’s IT Security Council, a committee of membership of retail industry IT security professionals, chartered to provide a forum for retail security leads to collaborate and exchange information, and develop and share industry best practices and key components of a data security plan and policy
- NRF’s Tech Council, a worldwide committee of membership of retail industry business and IT professionals organized to help enterprises and solution providers identify, adopt and integrate current and emerging technologies into their organizations, strategies and operations and liaises with the Tech Council to lead and manage OMG/ARTS (Association for Retail Technology Standards) partnership responsible for industry technology standards
- NRF’s Women in IT Community, a committee of membership chartered to encourage and support the professional development of women in the field of technology in the retail industry
- Leads and manages NRF’s Cybersecurity Program including the NRF Retail ISAO (Information Sharing and Analysis Organization) and its corresponding Threat Alert System helping retailers of all sizes protect themselves and their customers from today’s cyber threats by enabling them to better understand, proactively manage and monitor cyber threats
- Creates strategic alliances and/or partnerships with retail business partners and suppliers and maintains existing relationships
- Collaborates with internal teams and external partners to enhance NRF’s product and services offering and value proposition
- Acts as an advisor to the education department for event content and research, specifically related to retail technology, innovation, and cyber security
- Partners with the various NRF Communities to enhance and broaden the scope of retail technology issues through cross-functioning committees and events
- Partners with the Government Relations team on related issues such as PCI compliance, EMV deployment, and cyber information sharing
- Remains abreast of current industry trends to ensure new business ideas are timely and relevant
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, computer systems or other relevant discipline and 10+ years’ experience in retail business and technology
- Proven track-record of establishing strong business relationships and alliances
- Superior understanding of retail technology and supply chain infrastructure
- Possess a clear understanding and experience of emerging technology trends and their potential impact on the retail industry
- Ability to process technical and abstract verbal and written information for purposes of establishing a beneficial messaging framework and strategy
- Possess strong leadership skills, and ability to engage and collaborate in any setting
- Expertise as a senior-level leader with demonstrated skills leading, coaching and mentoring staff
- Produce effective, accurate and concise written product
- Effective presentation skills
- Must be energetic and creative, and have a strong inclination for individual initiative
- Some travel required
How to Apply
Send a resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Senior Director, Retail Technology in your cover letter. Please email your application to email@example.com, Attention: VP, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Ave., NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federation offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a focus on work/life satisfaction. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.