Manager, Grassroots Advocacy
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Manager of Grassroots Advocacy to join its Government Relations Department. This Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing effective grassroots campaigns, strategies and tactics in accordance with state and federal legislative action plans. Additionally, individual will manage NRF’s Retail Advocates Summit and other member-focused advocacy programs as well as support NRF’s political affairs programs.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Supports and develops advocacy strategies which are results-driven, measurable, innovative and facilitate objectives of legislative action plans
- Synthesizes short-term grassroots field deliverables for active campaigns
- Ensures organizational base building goals are met through targeted growth of the Small Business Retail Council and other grassroots initiatives
- Support the annual Retail Advocates Summit, America’s Retail Champions and Heroes of Main Street awards programs
- Enhances advocacy reach of NRF member companies by working with them to grow their internal resources to engage in the legislative and political process
- Facilitates participation of State Retail Associations in federal advocacy initiatives
- Collaborates with NRF staff and member companies on special projects and events
- Collaborates with communications teams to develop plans for measurement of advocacy performance and ensures key program goals are met
- Assists with the growth, branding and fundraising goals of Retail PAC
- Assists with managing state & local legislative tracking databases
- Manages NRF’s Voter Voice platform and NRF’s Voting Record
- Contributes to and co-edits NRF’s Government Relations & Political Affairs newsletter
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA/BS, preferably in government or political science
- Three years professional experience managing grassroots advocacy and/or issue campaigns
- Experience with the use of grassroots activity tracking tools and/or constituent management systems, with skills in audience segmentation, micro-targeting, analytics and other data-driven methods
- Exceptional oral and written communication abilities, including a facility for translating complex information for a broad range of audiences
- Effective presentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, social media, advocacy tools and other web-based applications required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, judgment, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate and build coalitions with a wide range of individuals and organizations
- Must be energetic and creative, and have a strong inclination for individual initiative
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Some travel required
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one page cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Manager, Grassroots Advocacy position in your cover letter. Email your application to email@example.com, Attention: Manager, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federal offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.