Director, Member Communications
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Director, Member Communications to join its Member Relations Department. The Director will be responsible for managing membership communications and initiatives across NRF; ensuring membership content, initiatives, campaigns, activities and operations align with the organization’s membership goals and objectives; and maintaining and developing member relations through stable and reliable communications and availability of association services.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Manages membership communications strategy; writes, edits and updates content for electronic and print communications
- Creates, develops and implements membership marketing campaigns; includes lead generation, campaign development, e-mail marketing, list maintenance and renewal
- Partners with key stakeholders and internal members to coordinate engagement and incorporate member feedback in broader industry initiatives
- Conducts satisfaction surveys; measures and evaluates activities; uses results to continue to improve membership retention and value, and maintain marketing personas and segmentation strategies, and refine efforts
- Spearheads member acquisition and member engagement through promotion of membership programs and legislative efforts
- Implements annual and long-term membership plans, including effective and creative strategies for membership recruitment and retention
- Supports preparation of public information including print pieces, annual reports, press releases & e-blasts
- Leads efforts to establish and maintain an accurate member contact database
- Develops and executes onboarding process for new members
- Provides member support; includes responding to inquiries and resolving issues, membership renewal assistance, website troubleshooting, and member demographic updates
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years’ in member development, member marketing, or member communications
- Strong writing skills with a membership branding focus
- Ability to conceptualize, produce and disseminate high-quality materials
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities efficiently and professionally in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including excellent telephone manner
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, including Google Analytics; ability to create surveys and analyze results
- Top notch computer skills including word processing, MS Outlook and database management experience, experience with netForum preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with SalesForce CRM system
- Strong attention to detail and quality work product
- Some travel required
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one- page cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Director, Member Communications position in your cover letter. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Manager, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federal offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
Who We Are
- Our Mission
- Careers at NRF
- NRF Foundation
- Board of Directors
- NRF Staff
- This is Retail
- Retail Means Jobs
- NRF FAQs
- Annual Reports
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.