Director, Brand Marketing
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Director, Brand Marketing to join its Marketing Department. The Director will be responsible for developing marketing strategy and plans that establish and maintain brand presence in the market. Director will also lead the successful implementation of these strategies, delivering on key performance indicators (KPIs), and results in traffic/leads and revenue growth for the division and its associated brands.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Develops marketing plans that delivers on KPIs including but not limited to traffic, revenue and retention goals and leads the development and execution of a 365-day engagement plan
- Leads partners across the organization to deliver effective integrated marketing that ladders up to brand positioning, ensures brand cohesiveness and key brand communication tenets are being utilized in all customer touchpoints across all customer segments
- Monitors marketplace trends, evaluates new tools and processes, manages vendors/partnerships, and identifies opportunities/enhancements to plans.
- Oversees the development and management of marketing budgets
- Leads brand development including: positioning, voice/tone, brand visual and assets and website/app development
- Collaborates in the development of relevant content to ensure accuracy, alignment to overall brand strategy and consumer experience
- Oversight of ROI analysis and reporting for all campaigns/events, develops a communication cadence with agencies and key stakeholders
- Develop regular cadence of fact-based quantitative analysis to support recommendations; ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations
- Communicates marketing plan performance including weekly traffic, revenue and long-term acquisition and retention results
- Ensures proper tracking and allocation of activity and orchestration of a multi-touchpoint plan that engages all constituencies and end users
- Creates and executes digital communications (primarily email) and other print or digital tools
- Performs other duties as assigned
Background, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or related field
- Minimum seven years of experience in marketing, retail marketing preferred
- Strategic thinker with proven Digital Marketing expertise
- Collaborative, flexible change agent with the ability to facilitate cross-functional thinking to generate ideas, influence thinking, build consensus, and solve problems
- Superior project management experience
- Ability to manage strategically and work tactically at times
- Critical thinker with excellent analytical skills
- Must have the ability to effectively incorporate data into decisions and process
- Proactive and resourceful with the ability to excel and thrive in a complex, and fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Expert user in Excel, Google Analytics and Email execution required
- Some travel
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one- page cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Director, Brand Marketing position in your cover letter. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Director, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federal offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
Who We Are
- Our Mission
- Careers at NRF
- NRF Foundation
- Board of Directors
- NRF Staff
- This is Retail
- Retail Means Jobs
- NRF FAQs
- Annual Report
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.