Coordinator, Retail Strategy and Education
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Coordinator, Retail Strategy & Education to support its Education department with high level confidential and complex administrative duties and coordinate initiatives and efforts across the content team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide outstanding project coordination, administrative support, and scheduling skills. This candidate will also possess great verbal and writing communication skills, and have an acute attention to detail.
The successful contender will be very organized, possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration, and take an energetic approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Provides analytical and specialized administrative support for content department
- Responsible for extensive calendaring, requiring interaction with internal/external executives and assistants to coordinate meetings, conferences and calls
- Manages all logistics for internal/external content team meetings, and serves as primary contact; also assists with all speaker communication
- Drafts and finalizes correspondence, meeting minutes and reviews materials for accuracy
- Supports the maintenance of the content database; manages cross-departmental list requests
- Manages the creation and updating of team working documents, including speaker schedules for live events, speaker database reporting, team work process communications, meeting agendas
- Monitors internal communication process and proactively makes process improvement recommendations
- Works with cross-functional partners to gather all content analytics and reporting (marketing, communications, research, and IT) and collates this information weekly to share with the team
- Liaise with accounting, legal, and speaker logistics team on executing contracts, payments, and budget tracking
- Maintains and processes departmental invoices, expense reports, and tracks vendor payments
- Coordinates travel arrangements and works on special projects as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years administrative support, or commensurate educational experience
- Outstanding attention to detail; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, calendar management and meeting planning
- Expert level knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook; ability to integrate data from database systems into MS Office application
- Data entry with expert accuracy
- Exposure to researching activities, monitoring trends, identify new and relevant opportunities,
- Demonstrated ability handling confidential/sensitive matters discretely and professionally
- Database familiarity strongly preferred (i.e. a2z, NetForum, Salesforce)
- Some travel required
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Coordinator, Retail Strategy & Education position in your cover letter. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: VP, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Ave., NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federation offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.
Who We Are
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.