Coordinator, Media Relations
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Coordinator, Media Relations to join its Communications and Public Affairs Department. This individual will be responsible for supporting the department and implementing NRF communications strategies through media relations and messaging.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Compiles and distributes media clips and news coverage and analytics reports
- Responds quickly and accurately to a high volume of media calls on NRF press line
- Manages and coordinates press registration for conferences and teleconferences, including logistics and materials
- Drafts and distributes press releases and media advisories
- Assists with pitching media around specific events and announcements
- Manages the Press section of the NRF website
- Maintains updated lists of media contacts
- Edits and organizes talking points for NRF spokespeople
- Assists with projects and collaborates with NRF experts and spokespeople to develop media relations strategies
- Provides communications support for NRF shows and special events
- Creates original content for nrf.com and @NRFnews
- Ensures high-quality writing of all published content
- Assists SVP and VP of Communications and Public Affairs with administrative tasks including expenses, meeting scheduling and agendas and events
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in communications, journalism, or a related field
- At least one solid year of professional experience in media relations, public relations, or related field
- Strong media interest and desire to keep up-to-date with related industry trends and issues
- Excellent research, writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Cision or other media contact management software, MS Office and Drupal or other CMS
- Experience successfully managing projects from strategy development through execution
- Ability to understand advocacy issues as related to the retail industry
- Ability to identify current and emerging retail trends and integrate into applicable strategies
- Exhibit critical thinking skills to develop creative solutions to complex issues
- Conflict management and resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage multiple responsibilities with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work occasional overtime required
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Some travel required
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one-page cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Coordinator, Media Relations position in your cover letter. Email your application to email@example.com, Attention: Manager, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federal offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.