St. Patrick's Day
Floating Share Widget
NRF has been conducting its annual St. Patrick’s Day survey since 2007 to see how consumers will spend for and celebrate during the popular cultural holiday.
Americans plan to spend a record $5.9 billion to celebratethe March 17 Irish holiday this year, up from last year’s $5.3 billion, the highest level in the survey’s 14-year history. Over 149 million U.S. adults are expected to spend an average of $39.65 per person, up from last year’s $37.92. The holiday is most popular among individuals 18-24 years old.
Related Releases and Historical Highlights
- 2017: St. Patrick’s Day spending to reach $5.3 billion
- 2016: St. Patrick’s Day expected to give retailers a spring boost
- 2015: Consumers ready to let go of winter with traditional St. Patrick’s Day celebrations
- 2014: Monday won’t stop millions from celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this year
- 2013: St. Patrick’s Day to draw more than 133 million celebrants
Results of the St. Patrick’s Day spending survey are released each year in early March.
- Retail Library
- Annual Retailer Lists
- 4-5-4 Calendar
- Retail Technology Standards
- Retail Safety
- About retail jobs
- Consumer Research and Data
- Future of Retail
- Buying Guides
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.