Six out of 10 Holiday Shoppers Giving Gift Receipts with Presents, According to NRF|
Release Date: December 09, 2010
- 60 percent of holiday shoppers said they provide gift receipts with gifts most or some of the time
- Nearly nine out of 10 (88.4%) Americans find retailers' return policies to be fair
- Two-thirds of consumers say they did not return one single gift last holiday season
Over 106 Million Americans to Shop on Cyber Monday, According to Shop.org Survey|
Release Date: November 28, 2010
- 106.9 million Americans plan to shop on Cyber Monday, up from 96.5 million who planned to shop last year.
- Seven million shoppers say they will use their mobile device to shop for gifts or research products and promotions, up from the estimated four million last year.
- Most people will shop in the early morning on Cyber Monday, with others will log on in the early or late evening.
NRF: Black Friday Weekend Sees Bigger Crowds, $45 Billion in Spending|
Release Date: November 28, 2010
- Black Friday weekend, including Thanksgiving Day, drew 212 million shoppers
- Holiday shoppers spent an average of $365.34 on gifts and other discounted merchandise, up from an average of $343.31 last year.
- Nearly 10 percent of holiday shoppers say they began their shopping at midnight, triple the percent of those who shopped at that time last year.
Iron Man, Toy Story Characters Among New Favorites on Top Toys List |
Release Date: November 19, 2010
- Traditional favorites such as Barbie and video games will top children's list, but newcomers like Iron Man, Fisher-Price Toys and Toy Story characters also joined the top 10 lists this year.
- Dora the Explorer jumped a few spots to number three on the girls' list, Xbox 360 made the top 10 for boys this year, after falling off last year. Zhu Zhu Pets made their return as a favorite for girls as well.
138 Million Shoppers Expected to Hit Stores Black Friday Weekend, Up Over 2009 Estimates|
Release Date: November 18, 2010
- 138 million people are expected to hit the stores on Black Friday weekend, up from 134 million who said they planned to shop last year.
- Select retailers will offer Deal of the Hour online Black Friday specials on CyberMonday,com, including Sears, Kmart and Drugstore.com, View the release for the full list of participating retailers .
Consumers’ Reliance on Credit Cards for Holiday Purchases Lowest Since ’02, According to NRF|
Release Date: November 16, 2010
- Four out of 10 (43.0%) holiday shoppers will use their debit card to purchase holiday gifts and 27.6 percent will use cash.
- More than half of Americans who will celebrate the holidays say they have not begun their holiday shopping yet.
- 20.3 percent of gift givers will buy jewelry as a gift this year, up from 18.4 percent last year.
Return Fraud to Cost Retailers $3.7 Billion This Holiday Season|
Release Date: November 09, 2010
Fine-tuning return policies has become both a science and an art as retailers continue to grapple with roller-coaster return fraud rates.
Economy Still Impacting Shoppers, but Glimmers of Hope Appear in First NRF Holiday Survey|
Release Date: October 18, 2010
- Consumers are expected to spend $688.87 on holiday gifts, decorations, food and other holiday merchandise, up from $681.83 last year.
- More than 60% of shoppers say the economy will impact their spending plans, down from 65% last year
- Sales and price discounts will be the most important factor when deciding where to shop this year, but customer service and quality grew in importance this year
- More than one-quarter of Americans with smartphones will use their devices to look for gift ideas, comparison shop and even find a store