Richard Mellor is vice president, loss prevention at the National Retail Federation. Mellor joined NRF in November 2011 and is responsible for the direction of initiatives ranging from NRF’s Annual Loss Prevention Conference and LP Advisory Council to NRF’s Investigator’s Network. He also works to raise the visibility of retail loss prevention issues, including organized retail crime and return fraud.
Prior to joining NRF, Mellor served as an executive with companies such as Helzberg Diamonds, Macy’s and Woodward & Lothrop. He spent 12 years with Helzberg Diamonds, having most recently served as divisional vice president of loss prevention. Previously, Mellor was divisional cice president of loss prevention and security for The Bon-Ton Stores and regional director of security for Macy’s East.
In 2005, Mellor was awarded NRF’s Silver Plaque, which recognizes his leadership and influence on the retail LP community. He has been an active member of the NRF LP Advisory Council for more than 20 years, which includes his tenure as chairman of the council from 2002 to 2005.
- LP - Diversity Committee
- LP - Investigator’s Network
- LP - Legislative Committee
- LP - Women in Loss Prevention Caucus
- LP - Joint Organized Retail Crime Task Force
- LP - Awards and Recognition Committee
- LP - Conference Planning Committee
- LP - Homeland Security Committee
- LP - Education and Research Committee